Friday, September 18, 2015

Scenes from my morning walk

Now that my sciatic nerve has calmed down, I'm back on my morning walk schedule.  It's getting harder and harder to drag myself out of bed before 6am while it's still dark. And I'm sure it will get harder when it actually starts to get cold (63 degrees this morning was perfect walking temp!)   But if I get out early enough I can see the sun rise on the waterfront.  I always walk the board walk twice in the morning - on the way out and the way back.
I have a rough loop that I do with some variation.  I actually prefer not to have to think about where I'm walking because I'm always listening to a book or a podcast.  I want to be able to listen without having to think about where I'm going.  But for the sake of the blog I stopped to take pictures along the way where I could find a good view.
Remember the lantern festival?  This is the frog pond on a quiet morning.
It's starting to look like fall.
This is an odd piece of history.  It's a 'bombshell' from Louisburg that someone then brought to Newburyport.  So it really has nothing to do with Newburyport other than the fact that someone who lived here had it among his possessions.  Couldn't you say that about a lot of things?
Church on High Street….you know I love a good old grave yard.
The flowers are in transition - some spring, some autumn.
If anyone ever asked me how to get to Somersby Landing I would have no idea what they were talking about.  And yet I walk by this stone plaque every morning on my way back to the waterfront.
The day has officially begun.  Time to hustle home, shower, blog and start working for the man.

2 comments:

didi said...

Is that Sue's long lost Uncle Nate's bomb shell?

Unknown said...

Wow, Jen, these are amazing pictures! Looks like such a peaceful walk!