Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Windsor

Our day started with tea and a scone at an outdoor cafe near the bridge to Eton.
Followed by a flat viewing (not right for us, ugly decor, too far from town) and lunch at The Two Brewers near the castle.
 We then sampled The Long Walk.  This is one of the many walks on the castle grounds.  As you can see - it's very long.  We did less than half before we turned around.
 This is the view when you turn around.  Impressive, no? I was itching to get into the castle so we decided to split up for a few hours this afternoon and do Jen and Bill things.  I explored the castle and was tickled to get my ticket stamped to allow for free admission for the next year (something I normally wouldn't be able to take advantage of but now I can!!)
 ...while Bill sat under the third tree on the right with his book, iPod and cigar(s).  
Tomorrow - we spend the day apart again.  Bill goes to work while I meet up with 2 more estate agents.

1 comment:

didi said...

If Bill gets bored he can go to Legoland -- there is one in Windsor!