Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm no handier than a toddler

I love having contractors work on our house.
I hate having contractor work on the house.
We had a wood burning stove installed today.  The dudes were good at their job and went about their business efficiently.  They were friendly and let me hang around them and didn't mock me when I asked really stupid questions.  (So... how does one use this wood burning stove?)
I love to see us making progress with our home.  I love our home.
It's embarrassing that the only thing I could help with is carrying some bricks down from the chimney.  I have a thought that I can tile around the stove myself.
I should be able to do it.
My fear is that it will look like the grandkids did it as a preschool project.



They built the fireplace in around this guy as he was connecting it.
I had a vision that we'd have to feed him through a tube every day and empty his waste bucket.

No comments: