Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Game Night needs to be dusted off....

Years ago the boys and I spent hours creating a version of Sodoku we called Jendoku.
Instead of numbers we used pictures of our family and friends.  It was a rather hard to play as the heads were so small they looked alike.  It was a good effort but ultimately will not be picked up in the Parker Brothers rotation.

The best game we created was called "The Jen Game".  It involved drawing, questions about Jen and a number of complicated rules that confused all of us, even the inventors.  But it was a spirited game and the winner got an autographed  photo of Petey.
The next year Joey invented "The Dad Game".

I miss those days.  

(Three days until the beginning of the Newburyport Literary Festival))


2 comments:

Jen and Bill said...

I was going to blog about the movie I'm watching right now. It's "The Return From the Man from U.N.C.L.E.". It is hemorrhoid inducing bad. Austin Powers made fun of the genre, but the Man from U.N.C.L.E. is sold as a "witty, action-packed adventure". Were we so bankrupt of entertainment in the 80's that this was accepted as an action movie?
I can't stop watching it.... but my bum hurts more with each corny scene.

Fletch said...

I miss being in the blog everyday...