Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wisteria and birds

The pictures above show how I am not well suited to be a homeowner. I've always been style over substance; impractical over practical. Everything I've read says you should not let the wisteria take over your house. It's a particularly vicious vine who strangles whatever it grows around, not unlike a boa constrictor. I love the wisteria and have allowed its free growth to squeeze the posts of our porch. This won't end well.
It's very similar to my love of the bird. I hooked up three bird feeders outside our bedroom. I loved hearing the birds jockeying for the prime position on the bird feeder. I loved listening to them chirp outside the window. It made me very happy. When the squirrel population increased I wouldn't listen to Jen when she said it was because of the bird seed. It wasn't until we were getting skunks on a regular basis that I gave in and took the bird feeders down. Even now, when the evidence is so obvious, I still am thinking of ways to bring my birds back.

No comments: