Friday, September 30, 2011

New Orleans - Day 3

Bill and I got to indulge in our separate hobbies - Bill went golfing while I hit the bookstore and the WWII museum.  Both were excellent. Bill surprised my by finishing his round of golf in half the predicted time so we met up for lunch.  Bill had a fried baloney sandwich while I told him all about storming the beach at Normandy.


This is a good example of New Orleans culture.  They like their religion with a side of booze.

Next stop, the New Orleans Museum of Art and the outside sculpture park.  Here are a couple of our favorites.


Dinner at La Petite Grocery and then back home for a nightcap at the honor bar.  Bill is still working on his free birthday beers.
Bill here - let me bore you with a golf story.  I went to The English Turn course here in New Orleans. It was beautiful and challenging.  I shot a 92 which was ok by me.  Best shot of the day - short par 4, 287 yards.  I can usually drive about 240-250.  I hit this one just over the green, about 290 yards.  I had a 20 footer for eagle.  (I ended up shooting par, which is why I shoot in the 90's at best)

No comments: