Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cut me some slack on this post...

Prom night at the Castle on Cranes Beach in Ipswich.
These pictures make me proud and sad at the same time. I mean, look at the young man he's become.
Joey loves his Gramma and lets her know it.
He realizes that his parents have been subtly (sometimes not subtly) playing tug of war with him. He balances us masterfully, knowing that Brenda and I both vie for our Joey-time.
He has a great group of friends; all of them really good kids who you can tell enjoy each others company.
And, like his brother, has a huge heart and always wants to please.

So why am I sad? The obvious reasons, I guess. Our baby will be heading out West soon. Our influence on him will change as he becomes more independent. It feels like a turning point in our lives. We're all kind of ready, but maybe a bit nervous, cautious.

(Can you tell I have a beer in me and am feeling emotional? My Dad and his Dad became criers as they got older. I'm on that path. I can see it coming.)

Cheers to you, Joey.




No comments: