Monday, October 17, 2016

Saturday Stroll in the City

It's hard to believe that London was several weeks ago now…although its fun for us to relive it here.  That Saturday was a beautiful sunny day.  Bill and I didn't have an agenda - we just wanted to walk all over the city in our favorite areas.  Of course, what usually happens when we walk is that we also shop.

The little market in Marylebone had a vendor selling bespoke belts.  Put the word "bespoke" in front of anything and we will buy it.  The belts were made for your measurements and your initials could be burned into the underside of the buckle.

Look how happy Bill is to buy a bespoke belt!!
We didn't get far before it was lunch time.  It was nice enough to eat outside - charcuterie for two, please!
This was the front window of a gallery off of Regent Street.
Great for an autumnal photo op.
No trip to London is complete without a turn through Liberty.
One of the reasons I wanted to go in was because they were advertising their Christmas store….in September!! Even I think this is too early and yet….I had to go in!  
I had to have a Liberty Christmas bauble and I wasn't going to be back before the holidays so September it is.
At least it was only the top floor that was seasonally decked  - the rest of the floors were in synch with the calendar.
I loved this plate wall - with blue plate versions of the blue plaques on historic homes.  
We wanted a sweet treat so on the way home we stopped at cutter & squidge.  
I got a caramel, marshmallow s'more biscuit called a "biskie".  It all sounded a lot better than it was - - each element was pretty good but it certainly wasn't easy to eat and it sort of lacked the overall caramel flavor.  I feel that after watching 3 seasons of the Great British Baking Show I am qualified to judge it.
After a lot of walking we decided to take a taxi home…but we're never too tired for one last selfie!!

1 comment:

didi said...

A taxi? Have you gone soft! I am positive Bill forced you. :)