Monday, October 3, 2016

Cwm Penmachno

This was our house in Cwm Penmachno Wales for 3 nights.   This is a row of minor's cottages in the middle of Snowdonia National Park.  We were in the one with dark stone exterior and the white door in the center.
The row is in the middle of no where. The cottages sit at a crossroads in between two villages.  But there is a phone booth!  This makes me think of the old movie Local Hero - has anyone else seen that movie?  I just looked an it is available to stream on Amazon…granted, it's been over 30 years since I saw it but I loved the fish out of water story of an American trying to do business in a remote Scottish village. 
Outside the cottage is very rustic, but inside it was completely modern.  The living room had a small log burner and lots of sheepskin.
The kitchen was the perfect size for us (non-cooks).  Fortunately the fire extinguisher was not required during our visit.
Out the kitchen door was a steep set of stone stairs leading up to a little patio with a table and chairs.

With a beautiful view!  This was Bill's smoking area for the duration.
This was the view leading back down to the house.  It was a bit treacherous when wet but I managed not to fall.
This picture doesn't show how big the bedroom is and I didn't take a picture of the bathroom - which was spacious and had the best shower of our trip.
Views from my morning walks up the mountain...

All that walking gave me an appetite.  My first real Welsh Cakes.  Dee-lish!
Two happy vacationers!

1 comment:

didi said...

Wow, so gorgeous. Really beautiful.