Monday, November 28, 2011

Jen is stranger to me every day

It's leaf pick-up day tomorrow.

I couldn't get this giant spider in focus.  He was on my chair when I went out for a cigar.  His body was the size of a quarter.

But really what I want to talk about is Ray Kroc.  I found out tonight that Jen had a picture of the McDonald's founder taped to the inside of her closet door growing up.  What a weird kid.
When I hung a poster it was Farrah Fawcett or the Cowboy cheerleaders (ok, I had a Michael Jackson poster. But that was from Thriller, when MJ was the coolest)
Meanwhile my wife has the founder of a fast food giant.
I wonder if she had the Fortune 500 CEO trading cards or an "Arthur Anderson - Great Moments in Auditing" lunchbox.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

The story of Ray A Kroc (those of us who knew him always add the A) was that I had about 5 and a half shares of McDonalds stock when I was young and for some reason instead of dividends they sent out 8 x10 glossies "suitable for framing" which I thought was very funny. So Ray A Kroc wound up with a place of honor (in my closet).

I find it hard to believe that my photo of Ray has never come up in the past 15 years we've been together. I think our current closet is lacking without him.

didi said...

And how did this fascinating story about Mr. Kroc come to light today?

Jen and Bill said...

Ray Kroc's name came up in something we read.... I already forgot. I forgot when Jen said "I had a picture of Ray Kroc in my closet".... it through me off....

Jen and Bill said...

It was a question on Jeopardy and I yelled "Who is Ray A Kroc! He was in my closet!!"