Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wyatte Celebr-8s his birthday

Happy Birthday, Wyatte.
Our grandson is 8.  It feels like it's just a short leap before he's driving and, good grief, dating.

But for today, he's a little kid who likes Pokemon cards.  If he's like me and Joey he will be playing with his Pokemon cards until he's nearing 20.
If he's like me he will be playing his cards while his classmates are at the senior prom.
OK, even I do not wish this on the kid.

We celebrated at Zoe and Bret's new apartment down the street from us in Newburyport.
Brenda and Keith, Jen and I, joined them with the kids.
Andrew won gift of the day by giving Wyatte his old Pokemon cards.
How is Pokeman still relevant?
Why didn't I invent Pokemon?
The kid is clearly ecstatic. 
Meanwhile, little brother Malikai made many odd faces for the camera, encouraged by Gramma Jen.
He will regret this pose when we bring it out to show his prom date (assuming he isn't playing dice baseball instead of going to the prom, ike his grandfather)
OK, this on is even worse.  I've got to learn how to flag these pictures in the cloud.  I'll name the folder 'Malikai's Regrettable Photos'.  
Bret looking great in his clean cut coiffe.
His dad looks like he's desperate for his soup kitchen meal after spending another night sleeping on the streets.
Mother enjoyed the day with her family.  She politely pretended not to listen when Keith and I were one-upping each other with rude comments.
Readers of the blog may notice the painting behind the girls.  It was a gift to Bret that he did not have room for in his other apartment.  Jen was not happy to see it leave.  Now I have to whip up some more bad art to hang in its place.
Brenda and Malikai looking cute together.

Maybe Wyatte WILL spend his prom still looking at these cards.
Hero Andrew pointing out the best cards.
Mother to be is rounding out nicely (Zoe, not Jen, in case you were not sure)
Keith is fun, and definitely trouble to hang with.
I went to bed early this night.
Jen listening for baby noises.  The noise was just gas.  And it came from Jen.

1 comment:

didi said...

Reminds me of the Waltons, all sitting around celebrating :)