Friday, June 26, 2015

Flashback Friday

My birthday - I'm going to guess that this is my 20th which makes it 1986.  I'm pretty certain I was home from college over the Memorial Day weekend to celebrate.
Blog readers will recognize Doug and Marge from their UK trips and a recent visit to Newburyport.  I wouldn't be surprised if Doug was wearing that same outfit in London.
Mum is rockin' the big Harry Potter glasses.  I don't remember her hair being quite so….round…It's just dawning on my that if I'm 20, she is bit younger in this photo than I am today.  Bold move to kneel on the grass in white pants, Mum!
As far as I know Andy and I didn't coordinate our floral looks.  In fact, it's strange to see him in this hawaiian shirt.  I still can't believe he isn't here to comment on this post…
And I love seeing my grandparents (aka Nana and Bomp) on the blog.  Nana would have been a faithful reader.
Of course, I should explain the dogs - Fred is the one in clothing.  He lived with Doug and Marge and became a real member of the family.   I wish I had some photos of the elaborate Halloween costumes they used to make for him.  He had more clothes than I did.  And when Doug got contact lenses they made some for Fred out of cling film.
The other dog is Drummond who is made out of plastic.  He photographs very realistically! 
When I think about memories of my family  - this is how I see us.

2 comments:

didi said...

Wow, this photo is awesome!
I love seeing your grandparents on the blog. They are adorable.
I feel like Marge hasn't changed much at all.
Your mom, wow, she looks so young and hip.
It is hysterical that you have a plastic dog in the family photo.
Are we going to comment on your plaid pants paired with a floral top? :)

Mom said...

Actually, Drummond is made out of that faux-stone material. And "young and hip"! -- I love you, Didi.