Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Week Old Quiz

No quiz for us this week.  Bill is in Oregon and I had plans to go to an author event but after a long day at work I decided to give it a pass and try to catch up on our blogging.  I know we said we were not going to blog daily but I didn't mean to let it go for a week. I'm determined to get back on track so I'll start with a recap of last night's quiz night.

It was a rather weak sauce - Jen, Bill, Christin.  No other boys nor girlfriends appeared and we struggled from the start.  But we were in the top half…and then we tanked.  By the end of the third round we were cold (I'm in a sweater in June!),  tired, and beaten so we called it quits.  A poor showing indeed.


Questions:
(OOPS! I originally posted this with the answers in the question area…sorry about that. I woke up at 4:30 AM and realized it out of the blue.  Do you think I was dreaming about blogging? Anyway, it's corrected now…)
  • Who was sworn in as vice president on January 20, 1945?  
  • What group had a hit with Birdhouse in Your Soul in 1989?  
  • October 1 2015 will be the the 125 anniversary of what National Park? 
  • What element at #54 is the Greek word for strange? 
  • What movie did Mira Sorvino win an Oscar for best supporting actress in 1995?  
  • The Sound and the Fury and As I Lay Dying were written by what American author? 
  • In addition to water, barley, malt, yeast and hops what is the only other ingredient in Budweiser Beer? 



Answers:




  • Who was sworn in as vice president on January 20, 1945?  Truman
  • What group had a hit with Birdhouse in Your Soul in 1989?  They Might be Giants
  • October 1 2015 will be the the 125 anniversary of what National Park?  Yosemite
  • What element at #54 is the Greek word for strange?  Xenon
  • What movie did Mira Sorvino win an Oscar for best supporting actress in 1995?  Mighty Aphrodite
  • The Sound and the Fury and As I Lay Dying were written by what American author? William Faulkner
  • In addition to water, barley, malt, yeast and hops what is the only other ingredient in Budweiser Beer? Rice

No comments: