Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Bonanza

Many years ago I started a home made advent calendar out of little photos of us and the boys.  The boys would get excited to pick the picture out of a box each night to hang on the foamcore Christmas tree calendar.  Now that Bill and I are in empty nest mode, I thought we needed a new version of the advent calendar.  So I gave Garnett Hill my credit card number and received this adorable knit mitten and hat calendar to hang on the fireplace.  
 With the hubbub of the party this weekend we fell a little behind so tonight we counted down all six days to catch up.  It was interesting to see how Bill and I approached it differently - he came up with a movie quiz question-a-day.   (I guessed 4 out of 6 correctly - I knew the other two but didn't quite get the titles right)
Meanwhile mine were hand drawn and goofy.  For instance, one of them was a drawing of a fly - a Christmas gift for that @#^%@# spider Bill keeps blogging about.  Day 6 was a treat though - a monkey finger puppet!
Stay tuned for more on the count down to Christmas!

1 comment:

didi said...

what 2 movie quotes did you miss???