Thursday, October 27, 2011

This is such a "Jen" post

Denise and I went to a wine and cheese tasting at the Grand Trunk tonight.  Meanwhile, Bill was home sick - I just got home at 9:00 and he is already asleep.  I, on the other hand, had a great night!  We tasted seven different red wines with a nice emphasis on Pinot Noir and Malbec (two of my favorites - although the Tannat and Malbec selections were my favorite.  Cha ching - Jen bought all three) and they were paired with a variety of cheese, meats and pates along with bread and olives.   Outside it started to snow half way into the night.  Heaven!!   Our fellow tasters included Alfred Nichol and his lovely wife Gina.  Alfred is our honoree for the 2012 lit fest so it was a night of good food, good wine and good conversation.  What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

didi said...

sounds like a perfect night!