Monday, October 24, 2011

Guest Post!

This is Joey, and it's my first guest post. I have successfully hacked onto Dad and Jen's blog and they have no idea that I am posting this tonight. I have been out here in Washington for four weeks. Things are going great. I am dominating my Calculus class (100% on my last quiz). I have been on a mission to find research for my English paper (emailing librarians, seeing tutors, and working with classmates). Friday night I got complements from a couple people that live on my floor for how clean my room was (Dad and Jen would have laughed at me if I told them this during the summer). I have been trying new foods occasionally (like today when I grabbed a slice of pizza and I still have no idea what was on it. It was kinda spicy and really good!) This weekend I went to Pikes Place with my classmates.

                                   
They are all pretty nice people, and I had a lot of fun walking around Seattle with them. The worst part of the weekend is when Stanford handed my Huskies football team a 65-21 beat down. Just goes to show you that the UW coaches need to do a better job scouting at the intramural flag football games. If they did that they would realize that their future star is right here just waiting for the chance to shine.

I miss everyone from home, and can't wait for Thanksgiving weekend when I get to come home. Until then, I will keep on kicking butt in my classes, and enjoying the college life.

4 comments:

Fletch said...

This might be the best post ever! As I have often said about this blog "More Joey, More Jen...less Bill".

Jennifer said...

This really IS the best post every!!! I'm so excited to see Joey posting on the blog!! (and this saves Bill and I from having to resurrect the sink series on a dull Monday night)

I'm fascinated by the line about Joey's room being clean. The bar must be pretty low at UW. I still get teary eyed when I think of Joey using Fabreeze. I also love how Joey's idea of trying new food is an unidentifiable pizza topping. Our little boy is growing up so fast. We are so proud of you, Joey! Keep on posting!!!

Jen and Bill said...

I'm with Fletch... best surprise post ever...
Let's make this a regular feature...

didi said...

Best post ever! Hooray Joey. So great to hear from you, and the photo is a bonus.