Saturday, October 15, 2011

I missed you, Di! Lets try again next year.

Today was the annual lit fest in Copley Square.    My favorite part of the day isn't even the events - it's the book shopping in the square at all the small publisher stalls.  Here is my stack during my tea break at the library.  At one stall they had people record a page of an Edgar Allen Poe short story that will become an audio book at the BPL.  I'm page 13 - the voice you hear right after Julia Alvarez (I would have been page 12 but I graciously gave up my spot so she could record and get to her reading - we are old pals from her time at the Nbpt festival a few years ago.)  I got nervous when I saw a set of head phones (what if some one with lice recorded before me?!) until I realized that the person from the booth wore those while I just spoke into a microphone.  OCD panic attack disaster averted.   Phew!  I brought home my bounty and all was still right in the world.


3 comments:

didi said...

what a gorgeous shot! though i probably would have tripped down the stairs and stumbled into the fountain. Next year for sure!

Jen and Bill said...

You would have enjoyed the 1:00 event, Di 9Jennifer Egan) but I chose poorly on the 3:00 event. Oh well - better luck for both of us next year.

Jen and Bill said...

BTW - - That random 9 in front of Jennifer Egan is supposed to be a parenthesis (. Easier to make a second comment than correct the first one.