Sunday, April 17, 2011

What do other people eat??

During the week I eat the same thing every day for breakfast at lunch and I eat them both sitting at my desk at work. It's boring but efficient.

Come the weekend and I'm completely stymied about what to eat. The cupboards are bear, I have no urge to cook, I have no skill to cook and so we wind up going out to eat...a lot.
Today was brunch at the Plum Island Grill. They promised live jazz on their web site - it was this octogenarian on a portable key board that you can see over my shoulder. They must have a lot of people working the kitchen because the parking lot was full but the tables were mostly empty.
The food was good and the pianist was actually better than it looks. Fortunately I didn't have to look at him. Bill showed him some love between songs:

We went food shopping after brunch to stock up on our salad fixins for the week's lunches but now that it's time for dinner Bill and I are just looking at each other saying we have nothing to eat!! Looks like it's pizza Sunday!

3 comments:

didi said...

I'm with you on the no cooking. I'm a big fan of Amy's frozen veggie lasagna, enchilada pie, burritos. Quick, easy, yummy. Maybe I'll bring dinner for our May movie sleepover!

Mom said...

No wonder you don't like to spend time in your kitchen if all your cupboards are bears!

Jennifer said...

ha ha well that even justifies our nightly pizza run even more. We like it, the bears like it...win-win!