Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Night of a Totally Jen Weekend

I'm in Vermont at a book retreat hosted by my two podcast friends (Ann & Michael) from Books On The Nightstand. On paper, to non-book people, this is the ultimate in book-geek-ness. Me and 1oo strangers and 2 people I know a teeney tiny bit (mostly virtually) all staying in Manchester VT to see 9 authors throughout the day and go out to dinner and talk about books. I know - I'm a nerd.

Sadly even in nerd-land there are levels and I didn't want to bring my camera down into the cocktail party for fear of look like the lower level of nerd-dom. So the only photo I have is of my room at the inn. (that's Petey sitting on my blue flannel pillow on the bed)


The highlight of my night was running into a couple who stopped me and said "Are you Jennifer of the Newburyport Literary Festival??" (OMG!! hello 15 minutes of fame) They were from Beverly MA and they recognized me from the panel discussion I did with Ann & Michael last year. Then then spent 30 minutes telling me how much they love the festival and how we have a great line up this year etc. Seriously. That just made it all worth while.

1 comment:

didi said...

wow! you are famous! that is so cool. your room looks nice. is petey having fun?