Wednesday, April 6, 2011

But Officer, I didn't want to ruin my pedi....


Treated myself to a mani-pedi tonight after work. This is what happens when Bill goes away - I have to hire a professional to pamper me. They sent me home in these micro-thin flip flops so my converse all stars wouldn't mess up the job, but they are really not a good driving shoe. Fortunately, I was able to make it the 1/2 mile to my house without incident.

When you have a pedicure do you like the person to talk to you? I'm torn. I'd like to be reading my book but I also don't want to miss the good massage moments by not paying attention. But then if you don't read you wind up trying to make chit chat with the women who is vigorously filing the dead skin off your feet. "Did you see American Idol last night?" was one of the questions I was asked along with the standard "Do you live in town?" and "Are you doing something special this weekend?" To top it off, the pedicurist and I were the only two people in the salon for the first 45 minutes of my visit so I really couldn't not talk to her. But it all got me thinking about what the perfect pedicure experience really is. Talking? Reading? The best is probably when the other two seats are filled with your girlfriends. Readers - book me as your next pedicure companion to test my theory!

2 comments:

didi said...

I will get a pedicure any time, any day! And when I go alone, I have zero interest in chatting with the woman doing the pedicure. Ditto for the girl who washes my hair at the salon.

Unknown said...

all spa/salons should be strickly no-talk areas - just let me enjoy even if I am just staring at the wall!