Monday, September 27, 2010

A Good Smelly Candle


As soon as the cold weather hits my thoughts turn to foliage, flannel sheets, Charlie Brown Christmas, and the smell of apples and spice. I bought an autumnal candle a few weeks ago and was disappointed beyond appropriateness. Luckily I found a line at Tendercrop Farms that really stinks up the place - in a good way.

You should also notice that I'm already bundling up in my own home. Tonight I ate dinner under a wool blanket in a wool sweater and my beloved Australian pashmina scarf. I even contemplated heating up my old friend, Bucky, while I read on the couch waiting for Bill to get home. If you do not have a Bucky, this is the must purchase of the season: http://www.bucky.com/catalog/spa_and_gift/HotWaterBottle.html

I think I've really turned people (and by "people" I think I only mean Whitney) on to 2 products - the neti pot ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot) and Bucky. If either company need me for an infomercial I am available and convincing.

1 comment:

amp said...

The person most turned on by the bucky is Daisy, who will forget it for maybe a few weeks at a time but then suddenly fall back in love with it, even at the height of summer. She tried to claim that the heated bucky made her cooler in August. I wasn't buying it but I did the microwaving anyway.