Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Kitchen Tour (Part 1?)

One of our favorite events during Yankee Homecoming is the kitchen tour!  I think it's been well established that I love nosing around other people's homes.  It's my hobby - other people knit or do yoga.  I like to walk through people's homes and picture myself living there, judging their taste thinking about what I would do differently.
Anyway, the tour….
Mr Dibley came on the tour with us and looked quite elegant in front of this bowl of irises.
This house had a beer tap on the back deck.  Will this be our next addition to the patio?
I like the skull on the wall.  By the way, I haven't adopted the "caption after the photo" methodology.  Sorry, Jessica!!
Love the toilet paper dispenser in this nautical powder room!  
Have you noticed that I haven't posted a picture of a KITCHEN yet?  Frankly, they were dull.  Mostly white cabinets, granite counter, stainless steel appliances and clear glass subway tiles.  Doesn't anyone want to do something different with their kitchen? 

Dibley was quite happy with this Dibley -sized patio furniture.  Why would anyone have two mini chairs and an umbrella on their front lawn?

The best house was on High Street - - directly next door to the house that Bill and I first lived in when we moved to the Port.  Except we lived in one room and a kitchen and this place was a mansion.

The view of the yard from the back of the house:
The kitchen.  NOT white!!  Yippee!!
Blue cabinets!!  Green tiles!!  Soapstone sink with backsplash!!  Different!! I love it!!
The view of the house from the yard.

We went into about a dozen houses so this is only a fraction of the pictures I took but it was getting hard to load more shots into one post.  If tomorrow is a slow blog day, you may see Kitchen Tour part 2.

No comments: