Thursday, August 4, 2016

How Slow Can You Go?

One of the Yankee Homecoming events that I've never been to before is The Slow Race.
Cyclist sign up to see who can be last over the finish line.  There are multiple heats so I didn't stay for the whole thing.  There was a costume element and I'm pretty sure this was one race that "Trump" deserved to win (I never thought I'd say that sentence.)
Picture-wise it's had dot capture people going slow.  You can see that they are twisting their wheels to keep from falling over.  The guy in the yellow had suspiciously low tire pressure causing a loud chorus of "Deflate Gate!!"
Once i saw this kid I figured I saw that winner.  He had it nailed.  Half the time he peddled backwards and just rolled a fraction of an inch forward. I'd be surprised if anyone was slower than him all night.
So since the slow race is a bit mediocre I'll also post a few pictures of friends.  First up - a book girl meet up in Harvard Square.  Fabbie Dawn, Elizabeth A, Callie and I spent many hours chatting about books and life one night last week.
Then it was lunch last Friday with the ginger member of Team Strunkin.  A Facebook memory came up that day to show us that we were together in 2015 doing a farm to table dinner on that very day.  In that spirit we over ordered and did tapas from the starter menu.  Fried cheese was involved.  Everything is better with fried cheese.

No comments: