Thursday, February 16, 2012

This is not a picture of Martha

Every time I host bookclub you get a picture of me holding court at the dining room table.  The girls are wise to our ways now and all lean back out of the picture when Bill comes in with the camera.  I seem to be the only one who thrives on film. 

Martha in particular did not want to be in the photo and yet...

Tonight was the first night of our new book selection process.  As the hostess, I had to bring three options to the table to choose for next month.  While the first two books were deemed acceptable choices, the third was the hands down winner - Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson. I barely got the word "thriller" out of my mouth before everyone was voting for it.  Hopefully they don't think it's the life story of Michael Jackson.

No comments: