Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vacation in your own home town

Laura's friend Janet and her 5 year old twins, Iris and Satchel, are visiting so they rented a house on Plum Island. I went over tonight for dinner. The place didn't look like much from the outside but turned out to be very nice inside with a gorgeous view of the ocean. It did make me realize why people in Newburyport might want to have property on PI. As soon as I got there I felt like I was on vacation. The glass of wine (seen on table) didn't hurt either.
Strangely enough, I was the mechanical whiz of the evening figuring out how to work both the gas grill and the dvd player. I would have been the hero but I was overshadowed by someone who didn't even come over. I had to listen to two little voices asking "Where's Bill??" throughout the evening.

We capped the night with this gorgeous full moon. This was the view from the back deck. A lovely end to my 3 hour mini-break.

No comments: