Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jen is Enthusiastic!

Hopefully no one is counting the number of times we put a picture on the blog of Bill smoking a stogie.  This particular shot has a certain Eddie Munster quality to it - I must remember to tousle his hair next time....
The real meat of the story is that Bill is sitting out in the post-tornado-watch wind listening to a podcast that references...ME!!  (and you thought this was going to be just another boring cigar post.)  I sent my new favorite podcast guys  - Mark and Jon of The Enthusiasticast - a book recommendation and not only did they talk about it on the show but they started a new offer where they will send a book to anyone whose book recommendation they talk about on the show.  That's right, it all started with my little email telling them about The Informationist  (a Dragon Tattoo-esque thriller which was flawed but fast paced and fun).

You really would think I was a shut in who never heard another human being say my name the way I react when they mention me on the podcast.  It's exciting and pathetic all at once.  I'm already wondering what I can do to get them to say it again.

Podcast listeners, check out The Enthusasticast available on itunes.  I'm episode #59.

No comments: