Sunday, November 28, 2010

Irish Bail Out: Jen Singlehandedly Revives Economy

I am going to have to break today up into multiple posts so that I can include as many pictures as possible of Dingle. The view below is from our B&B window. That's Dingle harbor in front of the snow covered mountain. Below that is looking at our B&B - with palm trees in the yard.




Breakfast was delicious - full English options with scones and jam and tea...we chatted it up with the owner and another couple from Minneapolis. Then we took a walk into Dingle Town


Fortunately for the Irish and for us, the one store that I saw last night that I decided was a "must shop" was one of the few open on Sunday. It was full of wool - sweaters, blankets, scarves, hats, and little woolly sheep. I was the happiest little American shopper in all of Dingle as I loaded up the counter pretending that some of my purchases might actually be given away as Christmas presents (fat chance). I spent so much that it flagged my credit card and Chase declined it! I was able to use another card and had to go call the credit card company to swear that this was really me shopping out of control in Ireland and not some hooligan who stole my card and ran to by wool goods. My card is now back in action and I have a LOT of wool to bring home.

1 comment:

chi said...

next Larkrise at Jen's --- so we can have the wool fashion show!