Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cambridge Day

I worked out of the Cambridge office today after spending the morning touring the Museum of Science as a potential spot for our Centennial Celebration. We aren't supposed to publicize that next year is the big anniversary yet so don't tell anyone I told you.

Here is the conference room where I worked for the afternoon. The speaker on the phone didn't work so I was forced to put it up to my ear and mouth despite looking rather grimy.


The better part of the day was dinner with Stacey & Diane and then an author panel event at the Brattle Theater put on by the Harvard Book Store. Just for the record, three of the four authors (Richard Russo, Steve Almond and Heidi Pitlor) were all past presenters in Newburyport. The fourth (Brendan Mathews) referred to himself as "obscure" - obviously meaning that if you haven't been to the Nbpt Lit Fest - you are no one.


Speaking of local celebs - we sat right in front of Alan Bull and his girlfriend (from my cheese shop) Sarah.
Meanwhile Bill and Dave had a Man Date to see Adam Carolla but no pictures were taken.

2 comments:

didi said...

No mention of filters? Or debt? At least you said "lit". :)

Jennifer said...

I was demonstrating my filtering prowess!! :-)