Monday, November 21, 2016

Viva la Montreal!

Hello Blog Readers!  I'm trying on a new schedule for size….posting a weekly round up of our activities and shenanigans.  I have no idea how we kept a daily blog up for so long because once I gave myself a break to stop I found that it was really really hard to find time to do it.  As with my other habits, I've got to be regimented about it or it won't happen.  

We had a fairly dull week so luckily I've still got Montreal pictures to share.  

The art museum had a Mapplethorpe exhibit  that we all wanted to check out.    This sparked a conversation about pronunciation.  Is it MAPE-lethorpe or MAP-lethorpe?  I've always said MAPE but low and behold it's spelled with two P's which usually means the vowel is short. 
(For the record, I just googled it and it is MAPE. This is why I feel I must continue the blog - to share knowledge and solve the mysteries of life)
After the exhibit we just happened to walk by the cigar bar that was recommended to us.  Whitney and Aaron had never been to a cigar bar so we all went in and had a cocktail while Bill treated himself to a stogie from the walk in humidor.  Was this Whitney's birthday weekend or Bill's??
The alley next to our hotel put on a light show after dark.  Images were projected on the walls that changed every few seconds to tell the story of fallen women who would leave their babies in this alley. At least we think that was the story line. Seems like a bit of a downer for people at the hotel to see abandoned babies in the alley, doesn't it?
Sunday brunch at Yelp's top rated venue meant standing in line in the cold for about 30 minutes.  Fortunately it was worth it.  We snagged the counter seats in the front window and ordered up tea and eggs and toast.  
I don't know what the men are googling here but it looks pretty intense….
Whitney and I posed for our breakfast selfie.
Our last activity was a long walk in the park.  It was such a beautiful day that we were joined by lots of other tourists, locals, families, joggers, cyclists etc.  Clearly, the park is the place to be on a beautiful day in Montreal.
It was sad when we realized we needed to turn around and head back to the hotel and then off to the airport.  One last selfie with the birthday girl!  Hard to believe we've been friends for 38 years??  Here's to 38 more!


2 comments:

didi said...

Looks like a great weekend.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.