Thursday, November 3, 2016

Postman Park

While we were in London (yes, I STILL have London pictures to post!!) I took myself out on a Fun Friday.  Remember those??  The tube offered a little advice along with their transportation.
I stopped to listen to a family of string players in Covent Garden.  They were amazing.  They actually brought a tear to my ear and I don't even know what they were playing.  I wish I could have captured the music for you as well.
I know it's been done to death but I could not pass up this classic London view.
A rainy walk along the Thames is also a pretty classic view as well.
This one is for you, Di Di - - I couldn't resist the shot of the pub at the end of the alley.
It's the Cockpit of course.
This was my destination - Postman Park.  I realized that while I've been to this little park near St Paul's I've actually never stopped to read the plaques.  I only came into this park to see the literary park bench a few summers ago and never ventured over to the back wall.
The wall is a memorial to people who died trying to save someone else.  I've posted a few for your reading pleasure.


Clearly fire and drowning are two surefire ways to sacrifice yourself in the early 1900's.  I was surprised to see that there was quicksand in Lincolnshire!! A touching tribute to self sacrifice.