Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jen's Bounty


This NYC trip has been a good one for the local independent book stores.
Favorite: Three Lives & Co. A great little shop in the village that stocked a lot of British and lesser known writers. One of the sellers recommended The Dud Avacado which I instantly bought.
Second favorite: Strand. 18 miles of books! And I walked 'em all.
Last but not least: Shakespeare & Co. (I assume not related to the Parisian store of the same name?) The picture above shows all the excellent hours of reading ahead of me.
Lucky for me, book shopping equals cigar smoking for Bill so we are both happy without the stress of waiting for the other. It's the little things that really make a marriage work.

2 comments:

didi said...

hopefully you'll have better luck getting these books home than from your scotland shopping!

amp said...

Oh man, I cannot believe I did not get consulted on this one. Next time don't miss the much smaller but brilliantly stocked used book store on the upper edge of Soho called Housing Works. Over in my old 'hood, the east village, I spent many an evening ending up at St Mark's Books on Third Avenue.