Monday, December 5, 2016

Head Cold 2016

I spent most of the week with a nasty head cold which means I spent it on the couch under a pile of used tissues.  I was out of commission until Thursday when I finally left the house to get my hair cut.  This is Tabitha, my stylist.  So far I've sent three people her way (Denise, Laura and Holly) and they all love her.  Any locals reading this looking for a new salon just let me know. 
I didn't do anything fun until Saturday when I met Di Di bright and early at Orchard House in Concord. This is the home of Louisa May Alcott - where she wrote Little Women. 
We went on the 10:15 Christmas Tour.  The docents were dressed as members of the Alcott Family and we went from room to room with a Christmas stocking for the poor that they each added presents to as they talked about life in Orchard House,
Unfortunately they didn't let us take any pictures inside the house.  The desk where Louisa wrote LW was just a half circle of wood that folded out from the wall - it barely looked big enough for a full sheet of paper.  
Don't you love Diane's coat?  Everywhere she went there were compliments.  One woman said she glowed! (Just before I published this post she texted me that her uber driver asked her if she was a CEO.  She says her coat is magic!!!)
We then took ourselves out for a fabulous lunch and spent the afternoon shopping.
It was the perfect Christmastime Saturday.
Followed by a Sunday of party prep with Bill - Christmas tree shopping, a wreath on the door, and lights on the porch.  Next weekend is our annual shindig!  (Fletch, can you come??) But after all that prep work we took a lunch break for a burger and few plays by the Pats (Tom Brady's 201st win).  It's good to feel healthy again!!

2 comments:

amp said...

where did you go to lunch in Concord?

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.