Tuesday, May 26, 2015

NYC Part One

Bill and I hit NYC for the long weekend. 
Just out our front door we ran into this Fabbie window! The girls are with us in spirit.
Meanwhile Bill saw this penguin driving an owl…I'm not sure who is with him in spirit.

We stayed in the East Village near Washington Square Park.  Every time I see the arch I think of Sally dropping Harry off saying "Too bad, because you were the only person I know in New York."  i wonder if I put that in the blog the last time we were in NYC.

I went to the Strand. I bought a hat.  We went to the park.


Bill and I tried to become regulars at the pub below our flat.
I think Bill looks like a movie star in this picture.
The pub was called Swifts for Jonathan Swift.  I realized I don't know much about Swift other than he wrote Gulliver's Travels but when I googled him it was clear he was a pretty busy guy.
"May you live all the days of your life."  That was him.
While in the pub we watched a guy play his girlfriend's ass like a bongo.  It's too bad that this grainy shot isn't a video.  He had quite a beat going.
The second night we had tickets to see Skylight with Bill Nighy and Carrie Mulligan.  We had tickets in London but I accidentally bought matinee tickets and we had to work so we gave them to Ann-Maria.  Turns out it was well worth the wait.  Brilliant!
After the show we stumbled into a crowd that seemed to be waiting for someone….


Helen Mirren!!  Hi Helen!




It was nice to see the Brits on Broadway.
We followed it up with some southern BBQ.
After dinner the waitress had to chase and stomp on a cockroach in the middle of the tiny restaurant.  Ahh….urban living.



Speaking of vermin, an artist set up a great display of felt pigeons and rats in the part.  Pigeons were on sale for $40, rats were $80.  Sorry Mom, it was a little steep for a little felt and stuffing even if it was pretty darn cute. 



I wonder how much she'd charge for the pretzel.

No comments: