Friday, May 15, 2015

Festival Weekend

In the middle of our radio silence was the Lit Festival!
And this year it was extra sweet because some of my Fabbie Friends came to stay.
I love this picture of Kats and Chris - we were all so happy to be together again.
At the Author Dinner.  Jana and Earle were moderators this year but they didn't let it go to their heads.  They still hung with the little people.
And look who else was there.  Author Bruce from last year's booktopia.  He was an honorary Fabbie for the weekend - hanging out with the cool kids. (He actually doesn't look that happy about it in this pic but he livens up later in the night.)

Vicki and Bethany - enjoying the festivities.


After the dinner we hit the tavern.

Bruce and I engaged in a little angry role play.
A few folks sampled the official festival drink - The Booklover's Bourbon.
Bruce and Jana shared a love of classical music and stopped to listen. 
But on the big day of the festival - I woke up with a migraine.  Bad news.  I had a lot of work to do  - moving books between venues, responding to various problems, cleaning up 10 venues when the festival is over, etc.  This was NOT the day for me to be out of commission.   Bill to the rescue!!  He did the legwork while I rode shotgun and directed him.  Many aspirins and cups of tea later I pulled it together for the closing ceremony.
I usually take more pictures of the events but I was in no mood.  I just have this one from the kid's program. 
At the closing event we did a little surprise celebration to commemorate her 10 years of her successful festival brain child.  Rhina wrote a poem and Andre presented her with a bottle of bourbon.  I tried to hurry then along so we could get off stage and hit the party.
The party at Andre's.
Bill was the sharpest dressed dude at the shindig.
Earle was there with his pearls.  
And then….it was over.  Just like that I was free!  Ready to enjoy life again.  
First stop - breakfast at Angies. No migraine today.   Just ready to relax and enjoy the day.

Next up - a week vacation with the girls and Booktopia!

1 comment:

Kats said...

I've only just seen this blog post and some of these wonderful photos for the first time. It was such a brilliant festival, and I still feel bad when I think about that terrible migraine you had - most unfortunate timing (not that it's ever fun to suffer a migraine). Poor you!
Feeling very sentifabbiemental now - wish I could time travel to April 24th and do it all again! Miss you! xxx