Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Flower Power!

Shelly (aka Poopsie Lewis) took me on a little lunch excursion today....to Small Farm in Stowe to pick our own flowers! Neither of us ever take a lunch break so today we made up for it with an extended lunch hour(s)...Supposedly the back roads were a short cut but Shelly and I took several wrong turns which negated anything short about it. The whole time she kept saying "I can always pull out my GPS"...I'm a littel fuzzy on why we never did. We eventually found a nice policeman to point us towards the flower farm and I realized it was definitely worth the trip.

We ate our salads from the work cafeteria on a picnic table then started pickin' . Poosie is partial to snap dragons while I'm a zinnea girl.
Next thing we know, its 2:15. Hmmm...better start finding our way home. No worries - we can take the highway! Oops...we are 5 exits away and the gas light just went on. Will we make it back in time for out 3:00 meetings??

We did - barely. Hopefully Shelly was able to coast to the Mobil station on fumes to get home tonight. Below is the picture of my bounty. $5.75 for this whole bouquet!!! We need to go out to lunch more often.

No comments: